At Parks & People, we are joined by a common bond: to make Baltimore a better place to live, work, play and learn. We also believe that we cannot achieve our mission without the help and support of people like you.
We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups of all sizes, abilities and interests to serve as a volunteer. Open opportunies include:
Middle School Sports (Fall/Winter/Spring)
Parks & People Foundation seeks volunteers for assistant coaching positions in a variety of middle school sports teams. Teach kids the importance of sportsmanship and help them build good character through your service as a positive role model.
- Knowledge of specific sports is not required
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week for a eight-week season
- August/September: Fall volunteer applications open (boys and girls soccer)
- December/January: Winter volunteer applications open (girls volleyball and coed kickball)
- February/March: Spring volunteer applications open (girls lacrosse, boys lacrosse, and coed baseball)
High School Branches Internship (All Year)
Parks & People Foundation seeks volunteers for environmental educator positions with Branches, our after school internship program for high school students that focuses on college and career readiness. Environmental educators help facilitate lessons and projects.
- Background or experience with environmental education encouraged but not required
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week for a three month period
- October-June: Volunteer applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Corporate Groups (All Year)
We are always looking for committed, caring volunteers. Please consider joining the Parks & People team by offering your time and talent to support our efforts.For more information, email Kara Berger at [email protected] or call 410-448-5663 x113.