At Parks & People, we are joined by a common bond: to make Baltimore a better place to live, work, play and learn. We also believe that we cannot achieve our mission without the help and support of people like you. We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups of all sizes, abilities and interests to serve as a committed and caring volunteer. Please consider joining the Parks & People team by offering your time and talent to support our efforts.
Take a look at our current volunteer openings below and apply. For volunteering information, including details regarding corporate group opportunities, email Claire Runquist at [email protected] or call 410-448-5663 x113. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Background or experience with environmental education desired but not required
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week for a three month period
- October-June: Volunteer applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Environmental Educator: Volunteers work with participants in our Branches program to help facilitate lessons and projects.
Middle School Sports
- Knowledge of a specific sport is not required
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week during an eight week season
- August-September: Fall volunteer applications open for boys and girls soccer
- December-January: Winter volunteer applications open for girls volleyball and coed kickball
- February-March: Spring volunteer applications open for girls lacrosse, boys lacrosse and coed baseball
- Assistant Coach: These volunteers teach kids the importance of sportsmanship and, by serving as a positive role model, volunteers help youth build good character.
Note: The Friends School site is FULL for SuperKids Camp 2018. We are unable to accommodate any additional volunteer placements at the Friends School.
- A desire to work with youth
- At least 14 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering for either two consecutive weeks or on a regular weekly schedule for the entire six weeks of camp
- Ability to attend a volunteer orientation session
- The camp runs from July 2nd through August 10th
- Volunteer orientation is mandatory. Three sessions will be held: June 19th 9am-12pm; June 27th 5pm-8pm; and July 11th 5pm-8pm. Volunteers will only need to attend ONE of these sessions.
- Administrative Assistant: Volunteers provide support for registration, attendance monitoring and daily functions of the camp office. Good organization skills and attention to detail are required.
- Assistant Site Coordinator: These volunteers help with the successful management and leadership of the individual camp sites. Good organization skills and attention to detail are required.
- Counselor in Training: These volunteers assist with the daily running of camp and ensure that campers are learning playing and exploring.
- Environmental Educator: Volunteers spend the summer in park settings instilling a love for the environment into the next generation of environmental stewards. An ideal volunteer for this opportunity has knowledge of or a strong desire to learn about environmental education.