Parks & People Foundation is recruiting high school students to participate in the Branches summer program!
What is the job?
Participants, in teams of 8-10, work in one of the following fields:
- Conservation – tree & garden care, invasive plant removal in parks and community green spaces
- Education – visit the Zoo, go on forest hikes, and observe stream critters with elementary-school students
- Science – conducting research with scientific protocols including a stream study
What is in it for me?
- $ 10.10/hour paid by YouthWorks, Baltimore City’s summer jobs program
- Weekly outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, and boating
- A Parks & People water bottle, t-shirt, and hat
- Making a positive impact on the environment & the Baltimore community
- Working actively outside
- Learning valuable life skills
What are the requirements?
- Currently attend high school
- Registered as a YouthWorks summer worker
- Available to attend the program every day, July 1st – August 2nd
- Must be able to arrive at Parks & People by 9:30 a.m.
Please complete this application, as accurately as possible. We will contact you to schedule an interview upon receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Branches Coordinator, Dave Coyle, by email at David.Coyle@parksandpeople.org or by phone at 410-448-5663 ext. 131.