At Parks & People, we are joined by a common bond: to make Baltimore a better place to live, work, play and learn. We also believe that we cannot achieve our mission without the help and support of people like you. We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups of all sizes, abilities and interests to serve as a committed and caring volunteer. Please consider joining the Parks & People team by offering your time and talent to support our efforts.
Take a look at our current volunteer openings below and apply. For volunteering information, including details regarding corporate group opportunities, email Claire Runquist at email@example.com or call 410-448-5663 x113. We look forward to hearing from you!
- A desire to work with youth
- At least 14 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering for either two consecutive weeks or on a regular weekly schedule for the entire six weeks of camp
- Ability to attend a volunteer orientation session
The camp runs from June 29 through August 7.
Volunteer orientation dates will be determined by January 2020. All volunteers are required to attend one orientation session.
- Administrative Assistant: Volunteers provide support for registration, attendance monitoring and daily functions of the camp office. Good organization skills and attention to detail are required.
- Counselor in Training: These volunteers assist with the daily running of camp and ensure that campers are learning to play and explore.
- Environmental Educator: Volunteers spend the summer in park settings instilling a love for the environment into the next generation of environmental stewards. An ideal volunteer for this opportunity has knowledge of or a strong desire to learn about environmental education.
Middle School Sports
- Knowledge of a specific sport is not required
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week during an eight week season
- August-September: Fall volunteer applications open for boys’ soccer, co-ed kickball, co-ed flag football, and girls’ soccer
- December-January: Winter volunteer applications open for girls’ volleyball
- February-March: Spring volunteer applications open for girls’ lacrosse, boys’ lacrosse, girls’ blacktop basketball and co-ed baseball
- Assistant Coach: These volunteers teach kids the importance of sportsmanship and, by serving as a positive role model, volunteers help youth build good character.
Natural Dye Initiative
Volunteers are needed to weed and harvest the Natural Dye Initiative gardens on our campus. Contact Laura Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities for corporate groups to engage in meaningful volunteer work are available but are on an ad-hoc basis depending on programming and volunteer opportunity availability. The majority of opportunities are suitable for groups of 10-20 but larger and smaller may be welcome depending on the ongoing projects. To discuss these opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly at email@example.com or 410-448-5663 x113.