At Parks & People, we are joined by a common bond: to make Baltimore a better place to live, work, play and learn. We also believe that we cannot achieve our mission without the help and support of people like you. We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups of all sizes, abilities and interests to serve as a committed and caring volunteer. Please consider joining the Parks & People team by offering your time and talent to support our efforts.
Take a look at our current volunteer openings below and apply. For volunteering information, including details regarding corporate group opportunities, email Claire Runquist at email@example.com or call 410-448-5663 x113. We look forward to hearing from you!
Middle School Sports
- Knowledge of a specific sport is not required
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering at least once per week during an eight week season
- August-September: Fall volunteer applications open for boys’ soccer, co-ed kickball, co-ed flag football, and girls’ soccer
- December-January: Winter volunteer applications open for girls’ volleyball
- February-March: Spring volunteer applications open for girls’ lacrosse, boys’ lacrosse, girls’ blacktop basketball and co-ed baseball
- Assistant Coach: These volunteers teach kids the importance of sportsmanship and, by serving as a positive role model, volunteers help youth build good character.
NOTE: Applications for 2019 will be accepted on a rolling basis, and placement preference is on a first come, first served basis.
- A desire to work with youth
- At least 14 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering for either two consecutive weeks or on a regular weekly schedule for the entire six weeks of camp
- Ability to attend a volunteer orientation session
- The camp runs from July 1st through August 9th
- Volunteer orientation dates for 2019 are June 15th from 9 am-12 pm, June 25 from 5-8 pm, and July 11 form 5-8 pm. All volunteers are required to attend one orientation session.
- Administrative Assistant: Volunteers provide support for registration, attendance monitoring and daily functions of the camp office. Good organization skills and attention to detail are required.
- Counselor in Training: These volunteers assist with the daily running of camp and ensure that campers are learning to play and explore.
- Environmental Educator: Volunteers spend the summer in park settings instilling a love for the environment into the next generation of environmental stewards. An ideal volunteer for this opportunity has knowledge of or a strong desire to learn about environmental education.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities for corporate groups to engage in meaningful volunteer work are available but are on an ad-hoc basis depending on programming and volunteer opportunity availability. The majority of opportunities are suitable for groups of 10-20 but larger and smaller may be welcome depending on the ongoing projects. To discuss these opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-448-5663 x113.